Thursday, November 05, 2009

Down to earth magic!


"Do everything by hand, even when using the computer."
-Hayao Miyazaki


Went to the Ghibli museum today. Woaw ....
The place has a very organic feel to it; it could be somebody's home (I'd live there for sure!) It's so nice to see that museums can be interesting without being arrogant and stand-offish. It was magical in an approachable, tangible way that made it extremely memorable to me.

The museum made me think of the "caves" I used to make as a kid; the ones where you hide away and fill your little space with treasures. I guess in some way I've never gotten beyond that since I still live in small little spaces surrounded by my cherished things. I am just a big kid. An old soul but a child at heart. I really appreciate Hayao Miyazaki's vision for his museum and I truely think he hit it right. I wish I could crawl into his head, just for a week or two. But since that isn't really possible the museum and the movies will have to do.

Uh! And I got precious booty from the shop there! ^^

It's been a long (yet satisfying) day and I'll write more tomorrow.

Dream big, my pretties.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Hvor er du heldig. Jeg kan forestille mig at hårene rejser sig i nakken på den GODE måde når man er der. Skal helt sikkert se den engang. Findes der nogen i Europa egentlig?

En uge til vi ses. ^^

Hr. Lange said...

Jeg vil også rejse rundt og se alting nu :< Det er lidt prikkerne over en lang række i'er, dette museums besøg.