Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A desert walk into the ocean

My family and I are waterrats; serious aquaphiles. It's really hard to keep any of us out of the sea when snorkling or diving is ready available. The last time I was in Egypt I got very burnt because I completely forgot about getting out of the sun - I was snorkling along the reef for two hours in prime cancer hours! Autsch! >_< I'm more cautious now and try to refrain from jumping in between 12 and 15. It's so easy for me to lose track of time.

The Red Sea is still as great as I remember it. It makes me sad though to see all the damage to the corals, and I haven't found a single clownfish yet. I've stalked a few rays and said hello to a turtle so I'm fairly happy , but my sister hasn't come across a shark yet so her trip isn't made yet; I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her (and the red sea too).

Sis and dad are on a dive today. I don't have the certificate to go with them and I'm a teeny tiny bit jealous ... teehy tiny being the understatement of the year. I really should get my arse in gear and earn the certificate so I can go - since I say it every summer -_-

I had an allergic reaction to ... erh ... something, and turned fire engine red and well as woozy so I had a bit of a lie-in where I watched bad tv (highlights being Dr. House in arabic and Spongebob in italian; as well as watching the danish football team give the dutch team a goal (see, I'm watching sport, it's bad)). I missed out on a trip to Petra in Israel. Oh well ...

As far as going to the pyramids: My mom talked me into skipping Cairo and the pyramids because she wants us to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday on a trip down the Nile next year. So she really had to twist my arm on that one, hehe.

This desert dweller is gonna go back to the sea and next time throw up a few pictures ^^

1 comment:

Nina said...

Sounds like a good trip except for the fire engine stuff. Looking forward to pictures! :)