Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moving on.

I haven't had any time to myself the last four days so no update has been possible.

It has been a very compact few days. We were lucky to have a perfect view of mt. Fuji so it appears in a lot of my photos, hehe. Shizouka and close by towns are very traditional Japanese so I've definitely got my share of under the skin experiences with Japan ^^

Anyone who has seen Lost in Translation would have been able to snicker along with us when we went to Suntory winery; there where a lot of: "For relaxing times, make it Suntory time." being thrown around.

I only recognise a few Japanese characters so I'm blissfully unaware of what is being thrown at me from ads and billboards. The joy of not being sold anything; aaaaaaaaah ... ^^

I've decided to skip Hiroshima and go directly from Osaka to Okinawa (heat, wildlife and diving). First I'm going to Gifu, Kyoto, Nara and Osaka though.

Slowly getting ready to move along from Shizouka and all the people I've been hanging out with the time I've been here. Going to Gifu to hang out with my friend, Makoto, for a few days.

3 comments:

Nina said...

Sejt med alle de japanske ord du slynger ud (også selvom det mest er bynavne ;)).

Skal du ikke åbne en Flickr konto og smide alle dine billeder ind? :D

Michelle said...

What an adventure you're having!! You will NOT be one of the people that regrets the things not done and the travels missed when they are laying on their deathbed.

Muld said...

Naar jeg faar laengere tid ved en computer saa skal jeg nok, Nina :)

Michelle: I aim to have set at least a foot in every country before I die.

I think India or South America is next; what do you think? ^^