Monday, October 19, 2009

Utsukushii!

Oh yes, Kyoto is beautiful ... when you are willing to look for the good stuff. And I don't mind walking for a far bit so I'm okay ^^

When I first got of the train and looked out from the station my heart sank: Concrete *sigh*
It's the most uninspiring material, concrete, and you see a lot of it in Japan >_<

But luckily on my quest to find a place to sleep I found Gion, where the Geisha live :D I quite literally stumbled upon it and a couple of Maikos thought I was cute. I'm getting better at Japanese and I must have blushed because they giggled, heh.

I dropped my bag at a Ryokan and proceeded to get hopelessly lost; I'm good at that. Saw a lot of cool and beautiful streets though (pictures will come later). The Imperial Palace found me not the other way around, and from there I managed to find the Manga Museum. Oh yeah!

It's kind of too bad I won't get to see the philosopher's walk in full bloom, but I did get a beautiful autumn walk in Fushimi inari taisha (I have a little pictures diary of that, hehe) And on my way back I walked past the Nintendo building. Woo!

The least touristy thing was Shimabara, the old "entertainment" district. I went to the old gate and to Sumiya without meeting a single westerner :O

I've overdosed on temples. There are sooo many here! Nishi Hongan-ji was my favourite.
And I've been fairly antisocial here. No hanging out with people really. There was an american that seemed very eager buuuut no.

Anyway, I was suppose to go to Okinawa today but the ferry has been cancelled (which I am told happens quite often) so I'm in Osaka trying to decide if I want to wait for tomorrow's ferry for Okinawa or if I want to wrestle with Chinese immigration and take the ferry to Shanghai. Hm ...

2 comments:

Nina said...

Ligner Nintendobygningen en Nintendo? Jus' askin'...^^

Muld said...

Stor hvid bygning hvor der staar Nintendo paa ... hmm ... ja, nu du siger det ^^