Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nice to see a friend.

It is really nice to experience new things and meet new people but I have to admit that it was great to see a familiar face of a friend. A big hug and a smile after getting of a train made my day ^^

I watched a play in Nagoya by the way ... in Japanese ... it was Phantom of the Opera ... and it was the most surreal experience I have ever had in the theatre ... no shit.

Anyway, I went to Gifu to meet Makoto, but I didn't have to since we ended up in Nagoya anyway. Makoto had the great idea of going to Nagoya Port Aquarium and I didn't complain. I've never seen him as serene as when he was looking at the dolphins; we all have our safe places.

Before we went to the aquarium we stopped between Gifu and Nagoya to check out a replica of Satsuki and Mei's house ... yes, the girls from My Neighbour Totoro ^^ I now have a picture of myself next to the house and next to the bus stop (with an umbrella). It was amazing! They had all the details right: The imperfections on the house, Mei's boots and bag, The dad's bike. The thing that was missing though was a big one: Totoro's tree behind the house. But it was awesome anyway. Woo! I can't wait for the museum!

Makoto took me to his favourite cafe to eat and gave me a Japanese "point and phrase" book (and it's damn useful) so I was really happy until we got to his house in Gifu. Getting introduced to Makoto's family really had my nerves on end; I didn't want to embarrass him by doing something stupid and breaking some formal rule. Well, if I did commit some taboo I wasn't told, hehe. The area and the house is very traditional Japanese in a beautiful way and I only had the best impression of his family.

Speaking of beautiful: I'm in Kyoto. But I'll write about that later :)

2 comments:

Tina said...

Husk endelig at hilse Mako fra mig!!
Jeg glæder mig til at se billederne
Knus Tina

Nina said...

Sweet.