Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cheers!

Yeah ... I was there. Got a picture and everything ^^
No locals though, only tourists, so I didn't stay.

Anyway, Boston. It tried to drown me sunday and then tried to blow me away today.
And I've had a really good time while that has been going on :D

I arrived here early sunday and found my hostel which was pretty central for once. I figured I'd check Harvard out first because maybe it wouldn't be crowded on a sunday (I was of course wrong). Enjoyed a jazz sunday in a veggie place I can't remember the name of and ended up playing disc golf with some dudes in a park. The drowning started during the disc playing, and my poor always suffering shoes died - they have been slowly falling apart for a few weeks because of all the walking and there had been holes clean through the soles for a couple of days so the sudden death wasn't so sudden. But I had to find a new pair on a sunday ... in the rain ... in bare feet. It took an hour but I found a pair and rewarded myself with some Starbucks time and a couple of new books.

The shoes on the bus to Boston and
before the sole on my right shoe fell off:


I also needed a new pair of socks and went into a souvenir shop and asked if they had a pair of Red Sox red socks .... and the people behind the desk looked at me with murder in their eyes! They take their baseball veeery serious here o_O

There are quite a few irish people here. I found out after I went into an irish pub to have a pint and watch sunday football (yes, I know, watching sport is not something I do but I'm kinda hooked on NFL at the moment) And I realized that that was what Boston reminded me of: Ireland. There is a feel here that makes me think of Ireland; I like it.

My day today was windy, but I didn't mind because I got to see a guy windsurf down Boylston street and I had Granary burying ground all to myself. I ate dinner at a thai restaurant called iPhoo and only choose it because the name made me laugh out loud.

Oh, and I found the most evil shop here . Very, very, very evil. Newbury comics! I'm poor! Gah!

Later ^^

4 comments:

Nina said...

Pictures. Give us pictures. Puuuuleeaase. :) Prøver at forestille mig hvad disc golf er...

Hvilke sko købte du? Ærgerligt med de røde sokker. :P

Tina said...

Hey Mette

Ja jeq kunne oqså qodt tænlke miq at vide hvad disc qolf er??

Tak for kortet jeq modtoq det idaq JEq VIL MED!!!!!!!

Det lyder bare som til du har den fedeste tur!!

Ja pas på med sport spørqsmål. Det qår de meqet op i. wierd I know ;-)

En skam du ikke er der til Paddys day. Der er der jo liv oq qlade daqe. Ireland oq liqe diq!!

Vi ses
Knus Tina

Unknown said...

TAK FOR POSTKORTENE!!! Me love it a lot.... Jeg skriver lige en mail til dig i aften. MØS

Muld said...

I'm working on the pictures!

Snuppede bare det forste billige par som ikke lignede lort; og de ligner mine smadrede sko til forveksling.

Tina: Nu faar vi jo se om jeg er her til Marts; men for at vaere helt aerlig saa tror jeg ikke at det bliver Boston jeg vaelger.

Disc golf er golf med en type frisbee:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf

Stuns: Hvor er min mail?!