Monday, September 14, 2009

These boots are made for walking!

I'll never be a cowgirl, let's face it. I'm never going to honky tonk it down at a local bar after herding cattle all day on my trusty horse. I do not eat enough meat or drive enough truck either. BUT I used to ride horses though and that's more than can be said for most of the people I've met in Austin; some of them have worn cowboy hats and boots but they've never been to a farm or seen the landscape from a horse. HA!
Fair enough, Austin isn't your typical Texas town; it's quite off-beat really. Maybe it comes from being the capital, a university city and having kind of an odd history. And BATS, lots of bats!
Did I mention that I love it here?! Hehe.

About the bats: It's a tradition here that people watch the bats fly out at dusk and it really is awesome. Couldn't get any good pictures though :(

Austin is a music mecca apparently. A lot of the most interesting country and rock seems to come from here at the moment. They have music festivals scattered through out the year and I've managed to land here in the one month they don't have anything going on (lucky me). I guess it's alright since it has been raining on and off since I got of the bus here (once again, lucky me)

But seriously, I really do like Austin. This is the first place where I've been able to say: Yeah ... I could live here. New York is brilliant and I could probably spend some serious time there but it doesn't feel like a place I could live for an extended periode and Austin is. Funny ... I didn't think Texas was a place for me, heh.

Anywoo! People love my Elvis shades. Graceland's finest ^^

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy! Virkelig lækre briller... me like.. me like them big too!

Nina said...

Hey! I knew that thing about the bats! Totally creepy...

Nice shades ^^ hot!

Glad you're having such a good time.

Tina said...

Hey Elvis
Nice shades! :-)
Du må have købt et par cowboy boots så passer du jo liqe ind ;-)
En skam med billeder af flaqermusene den vil jeq qerne have set.
Knus Tina