Sunday, September 06, 2009

Howdy y'all

I'm in Nashville. And I like it. Yes, you heard me.

I went to Washington friday and lived to regret it. When I got off the bus someone pointed out that I was the only white person; I hadn't noticed up until that point and it sorta set the tone for my time there >_< There was no vacant beds anywhere unless you wanted to pay 200$ for a room so I was walking around at night looking at monuments with my backpack on (since there was nowhere to store my stuff either) I tried to get a bit of sleep on a monument actually but guys kept thinking I was homeless and wanted to give me money to get a room so (and this is a direct quote) "the black guys wouldn't rape me"! Gah! Plus in the middle of the night I was talking to a couple of girls that had been attacked and one of them was pretty upset (large dane to the rescue) And one final thing: A lot of rats. Damn!

So anyway, to get some sleep I went back on the bus and am now in Nashville. I like it here ^^
I realize that I'm mainly here so my parents will envy me for the rest of their days but I'm not sorry I came. The weather is nice and people are nice. The town only have one hostel but it is awesome.

I'm going to stay here for a few days before moving on to Memphis. Going to rest my poor feet and chill out in a hammock with a book. We're going to BBQ tonight and I'm looking forward to it :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Altså søs!!!!

Tina said...

Sku qlad for at du er ok!Næsten qanq betalt de 200 dollars!