Friday, September 04, 2009

Moccachoccalattewhitewhipstuff to-go plz ^^

Yes, the first thing I did when I arrived in New York was to order a coffee at Starbucks; I was just honouring Tina and Anja's wishes.

Getting here wasn't a big thing; Finnair now has personal entertainment systems for all passengers so i watched movies and cartoons all the way. This personal system also shows you the take-off and landing from outside the plane, wicked cool! And off course I had to buy a few things at the Moomin shop in Helsinki.

I've been living in Chelsea since I got here; and just in case you don't know what that is: Lots of gaybars, rainbow flags everywhere and it's on your way to the west villiage.

My legs are busted and I have a hard time walking today. I had the inspired idea to walk the length of Manhattan; zig-zagged Broadway from upper Manhattan to Battery Park down south where I had some nice moments with the statue of liberty. I have to say that the south of the island is more me than the lights of the north.

Well, apparently it's Labour Day on monday and that means everything is booked up for the long weekend. This kind of long term stuff does not go well with my care-free style of travelling. So after 4 days in the big apple I'm moving on to Washington DC.

3 comments:

Nina said...

Glad you arrived well and had so much entertainment on your way there. ;)Did you sleep at the airport? Love that you went to SB right away - caffeine FTW! Chelsea sounds like my kinda place! Take pics and post please. :D

Muld said...

I just purchased a camera so pictures will follow soonish ^^

Tina said...

Jeq Vil med!!!!